Monday, March 19, 2012

Its allmost time to hike

Here i am siting at amicalola falls state park, the stepping off point for the AT. who would have ever thought that I would be this close to starting the Appalachian Trail . it has been a dream of mine sense high school. Tomorrow I start my journey  at Springer mt. I truly cant thank all the people back in MD and WV and the few in SC that have been so supportive the past years and weeks ,thank you all so much.  If I haven't sed it yet I can't wate to hike!!!


5 comments:

  1. Good Luck Doug Will and I will be thinking and praying for you. Keep in touch! Will and Brittany Francis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun Doug! Your on a real adventure now and you should enjoy every step of the way. If you ever start feeling like WTF am I doing just think about what its like to be stuck in the concrete wasteland and I am sure you will feel better. Its going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are incredibly courageous to set out and follow your dreams. You're creating an epic memory that you can hold close to your heart for life. You will find your strengths, and weaknesses and will grow your soul. I look forward to following you in your journey! Happy trails friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it's time! I will see you at the NC border! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today's the day! YAY! You have the strength and endurance to do this, I just know it. Wherever and however this journey ends, or interrupts, you'll be changed by it, for the better. For sure. :) I'll be following you, waiting to hear your thoughts. I'm livin' vicariously for now--thank god you're not! :D

    From the old lady at WFA in Frederick earlier this month,
    Lin "LA" :)

    Go, dude. Be free. HYOH.

    ReplyDelete