Thursday, April 5, 2012

4/5 welcome to the Smokeys

2 of the last 3 days have been spent doing nothing but hiking up hill. Today was hot and humet and we had a 3000 ft clime in about 3 miles this was the first time in the hike were I would have rather stayed in town this morning, but the view from the top were amazing. I have a video ill put up wen I get to town . Right now im sitting in my tent well a storm rages out side with hall and lighting and who knows what, so to all you out there that reed this I would love to see comments and words of wisdom and inspiration, its nice on days like today were the clime was taking everything I had to see the things you all weight. Till next time happy trails

4 comments:

  1. Hi Doug, I found this quote on a blog that I follow, and thought it would give you some inspiration:

    Be a hill seeker (or mountain in your case).
    Most of us try to avoid hills, but what’s so good about flat? Think about it: flat tires, flat hair, flat returns and – the ultimate – flat lining. Life happens on the hills. They’re opportunities to prove to yourself that you’re stronger than you ever imagined. If you never attempt the ascent, you’ll never know the thrill of swooshing down the other side.


    Becky (Arnold)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess by now the thunder, lightning, and hail have stopped, or at least I hope so. Have you seen any rainbows in those mountains? Dad, Puck, Dizzy and I send our love. PS- Puck says he wants to join you and hike with the big dogs.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep on keeping on...from your brother!

    p.s. he is very proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Doug!
    Good luck, hope you make your goal and go all the way to Maine.
    Keep on going.
    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Walters 2nd graders

    ReplyDelete